Do you want to work on the post of clerk in State Bank of India? If yes, then prepare it soon. Because the State Bank of India is going to announce the advertisement for the recruitment of thousands of posts of the clerk. You can get the post of bank clerk through the State Bank of India Clerk Notification 2017. Keep reading this article for a detailed description of this topic.
SBI Clerk Recruitment Overview:
SBI (State Bank of India) is one of the most reputed and famous banks in India and worldwide. If a person ever dreams of working in a bank in India SBI will be his first choice. After combining all the state branches together under one name that is state bank of India it has made worldwide ranking in top 10 banks of the world. It was established in 19 century when the Imperial Bank of India became State bank of India in July 1955 with its headquarters in Mumbai.SBI again offers across 15,000 clerk vacancies like every consecutive year. In this article, we will be giving you all the information about the recruitments.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2017 Vacancy Details:
The SBI has its clerk exams every consecutive year and millions of people try their luck and thousands of people get selected for their dream job of working for SBI.
- Exam Name: SBI Clerk 2017
- Exam Conducting Body: State Bank of India (SBI)
- Exam Level: All India
- Post Name: Clerk
- Exam Mode: Online
- SBI Clerk 2017 Salary: Rs. 20,950 (across)
- Total Number of Vacancies: Around 15,000
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Clerk:
Educational Qualification: The candidate should be graduated from any recognized government institute or university.
Age Limit: Candidates should be more than 20 years and less than 28 Yrs of age. Age relaxation is given to the reserved categories according to the government rules and orders. Candidates should have a certificate to prove their reserved category. The upper age limits of the reserved criteria are given below.
Upper age limit for the SC and ST candidates will be 33 Yrs.OBC candidates will get a relaxation of around 3 yrs that makes their upper limit as 31 years; people will disabilities get a relaxation of 10 years. A candidate under SC/ST category with disabilities will have their upper age limit as 43 years. OBC category candidates with disabilities will have their upper age limit as 41 years. Domiciles of Jammu and Kashmir can apply till they are 33 years old. Widows and divorced women will get an age relaxation according to their category; if she falls in general category age limit is 35 years, if she is SC/ST candidate she has the age limit of 40 years, if OBC then age limit will be 38 years. Age relaxation is also given for the ex-servicemen or disabled ex-servicemen. They have an age relaxation of actual service rendered in defense + 3 years and further addition of 8 years of disables of SC/ST category (with the max age to 50 Yrs).
Nationality: Candidate should be a citizen of India. Citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh can also be eligible if they have a certificate that proves that they are willing to settle in India.
Application form SBI Clerk 2017:
- First, visit the official site of State Bank of India. www.sbi.co.in
- Once you have opened the site then click on the “Apply online here” button.
- Now fill the application form properly.
- Read all the instructions carefully given.
- The candidate has to upload a scanned copy of his colored photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee online or through challan.
- After you are done with the payment, print a copy of the application form.
- While you have done everything an SMS or email will be sent to the email you have provided.
Application form fee: Application fee is different for a different category. General and OBC candidates will pay 600 rupees and SC/ST and ex-servicemen will pay 100 rupees for the application.
Important dates for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2017:
The State Bank of India will soon be releasing the notification for appointment to the post of clerk. Important dates related to the examination will be published along with the notification. The probability of SBI clerk notifications will be published in the first or second week of June. The preliminary exams admit card will be released at the end of July. The preliminary exams will take place in August and the result of this exam will be out in September. Then the main exams admit cards will be provided for the last week of September and the exam will commence in the first week of October. The result will be out until the end of October or first week of November. All details regarding Clerk examination dates will be updated after release the official notification.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2017:
SBI clerk exam will be filled online all over the country. In order to get a job, the candidate should clear the written exams properly. This exam is consisting of preliminary and main exam followed by the selection process. The exam pattern is given below.
Preliminary Exams Pattern of SBI Clerk:
Preliminary exams will be of total 100 marks out of which it will be divided into 3 major sections; English language, Numerical ability and Reasoning ability. There will be 30 questions of English language and 35 questions each of numerical and reasoning ability. Each question contains 1 mark each which makes it 100 questions for 100 marks. The time duration for this exam will be 1 hour.
Main Exam Pattern of SBI Clerk:
After you have passed the preliminary examination you will be appearing for the main exams. The question paper of the main exam will be divided into 4 major categories; general or financial awareness, general English, Quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability and computer aptitude. The question paper will contain a total of 90 questions out of which general English will contain 40 questions of 40 marks, reasoning ability, and computer aptitude will contain 50 questions for 60 marks and general/financial awareness and Quantitative aptitude both will contain 50 marks for 50 questions. The paper will be of total 200 marks for 190 questions. After you have cleared both the exams you will have a personal interview. If you pass the interview, congratulations you will be a part of State bank of India.
Syllabus of SBI Clerk Exam:
Syllabus for the examination is categorized into 6 categories.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Tables, Pie – Charts, Bar Graphs, Data Analysis, Line Graphs, Case lets, Combined data sets, Probability/ Series, Roots, Average, Ratio, Time & work, Time & separation, Rate, Benefit & loss, Mixture, Stocks & shares, Partnership, Clocks, Volume, Surface area, Height & distances, Simple & compound interest, Equations and probability, Number System, Simplification, Surds & Indices, Percentages, Partnership, Chain rule, Pipes .
- Reasoning: Syllogism, Seating Arrangement – Circular table and Line (North & South), Puzzle, Blood Relation, Inequality or Decision Making, Data Sufficiency, Logical Reasoning, Input Output, Number series, Statement and Argument, Passage and conclusion, Coding and decoding.
- General English: Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Word formation, Sentence completion Comprehension i.e. Theme detection, Deriving conclusions, Passage completion, Error detection, Passage correction, Sentence correction, Spelling i.e. Grammar, Phrases, and Idioms.
- General Awareness: Knowledge of Current affairs, Sports, history, geography, culture, Indian constitutions News about technology and research News on India and its neighboring countries, News related to Reserve Bank of India, Banking Awareness, Financial Awareness (Union Budget/ Railway Budget), and Economics news.
- Marketing Aptitude: Basics of Marketing, Marketing Strategies, Market Segmentation, Marketing Management, Marketing Mix, Developing stage of organization, Brand.
- Computer awareness: Computer hardware & Software, Operating System concepts, Shortcut keys, Ms Word, excel, Ms Power point, access, Internet & networks, Basic security concepts, Latest technologies, Basic of Computer, Generation of Computer, Short forms (E.g. Jpeg, mp3, .pdf), Android and Apple related news.
SBI Clerk Selection Process:
- First, submit your application form.
- Pass in your preliminary examination.
- Pass in your online main examination.
- After the online main exam selection, you will be selected.
- At last your documents will be verified.
SBI Clerk Admit Cards 2017:
The Admit Card for SBI Clerk 2017 will be released prior the commencement of examination. Candidates who have successfully applied will be given admit cards which are the first step of the selection process. Then the candidates who will pass the first stage will get their admit card for the main exam in the official website of SBI by providing their roll number/date of birth and can give his exam. The candidate has to carry a hard copy of the hall ticket to the examination center otherwise he won’t be allowed to sit in the examination.
SBI Clerk Cut Off 2017:
Cut off marks will be told to you just after some days you have given your exam. The cut off for Prelims would be released separately from the Mains Cut-Off. Cutoff will be depending on the difficulty of the exam, a number of vacancies and number of candidates applying.
SBI Clerk Results in 2017:
After the examinations, the result will be out on the official site of SBI. The examination of the SBI clerk is completed in two phases. The first online preliminary examinations are organized. This test consists of multiple choice questions. And the result of the examination depends on the number of candidates regarding full vacancies. After the results of the preliminary examination, successful candidates are called for the main examination. The final merit list is issued on the basis of the marks obtained in both the primary and main examinations of candidates included in the main examination. On the basis of merit list, the candidates are selected for the posts of Clerks in different branches of State Bank of India.
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips 2017:
We are listing some points which will help you in a better result for SBI Clerk 2017.
- Understand the pattern properly and structure of the examination.
- Prepare for the examination according to the structure.
- Focus and be clear in your decisions.
- Don’t rush while doing the exam and be calm.
- At last, have faith in yourself.